Breaking the habit of 12-months between updates, we have a pretty sizable update five months ahead of schedule. Unfortunately, it contains no real gameplay changes, mostly interface changes.
- Redid the look of buttons and input boxes.
- Updated the look of the battle mode picker.
- Updated the look of the sell chip and chip trader interfaces.
- Added multilingual support. However, there are currently no translations for any languages except English. If you are fluent in English and another language, you can help out here.
- Cleaner URLs. Not that it really matters, though.
- Fixed buying a chip from the shop the shop reporting that you bought a different chip than you did (if the chip changes right as you buy).
- Fixed a typo that may have caused error messages when battling certain enemies.
Okay, so I won't pretend that everything worked perfectly after the Really-Big-Update. Everything was mostly fine, but there were a few tweaks to be made:
- Fixed the location selector for battling (It should no longer disable the "Battle!" button inappropriately)
- Added location images for UnderKoto and Yum Area
- Older battles (> 7 days old) will no longer become lost forever, and will instead be archived where they are still accessible.
- Fixed MindBndr causing players to select no chips the next turn.
- Added a help page explaining the different field types.
So, as usual, It's been about a year since my last post. However, I haven't been idle that whole time (only 90% of it), and now I'd like to announce what is probably the biggest update in BNCT history, aptly-titled the Really-Big-Update.
Here's what's new:
- 88 new chips (Which is almost double the old count) with at least 8 new effects, including powerup chips
- 49 new CPU navis, quadrupling the number of CPU's available for battling.
- Multiple skin support (You can switch between the BN2 and BN3 themes)
- Began adding support for achievements (yes, achievements)
- Added boss navis to the story areas (Gas comp through Apartment comp)
- Different battle fields give elemental bonuses and can have adverse effects (Protip: don't use swords on hole stages).
- Piercing and breaking chips should properly work
- New chip trader feature allows you to exchange 10 unwanted chips for a random chip.
- Redesigned selling interface allows you to sell multiple chips at once.
- Increased the number of MB expansions you can by, letting you use better chips in your deck.
The level calculations have been updated to fix a few things:
Delete, RCnt, and Cnt chips are now valued higher
Slot-In chips don't count towards your level (They're useless right now anyways).
The level bonus for having chips that match your navi's element no longer applies to non-elemental navis since the AP bonus only applies to elemental chips.
Navi dodging ratings are now a factor in your level.
Level bonuses for Meteor chips are now properly calculated.
A whole bunch of new chips have just been released. In particular, a bunch of guard chips such as CrsShld, FireRatn, and Slasher are now available.
There have also been some updates to the battle UI (like HP meters) and a lot of code cleanup in the internals of the battle system.
Finally, two fixes: meteor chips now properly choose a random number of hits instead of the max, and TreeBom3 is now AllAdd instead of Normal.
Following hot on the tails of the addition of pictures to the location select page, the folder UI has been updated. Moar AJAX, moar pictures, less blah.
So, a while back the deck function was redesigned (but never formally announced), and a bit more recently the battle layout has been rehashed to make it less wall-of-text and more colorful and pictoral.
I also just redid the area selection screen to include pictures. Woo.
A whole batch of changes was just released to the wild. Among the improvements are:
Brand new interfaces for the shop, library, and deck editor.
A whole slew of new chips, including some with new attack types and several new navi chips.
Many new computer navis to fight, and better weighted selection when choosing a computer Navi to fight.
First post of 2009. This is slightly more than pathetic. But that's okay, because, to make it up to you, I've got some nice updates.
Most people have probably noticed the first update by now: The layout has been rehashed. It's not too different, but it's a huge improvement over the old one. The menu bar has some more random navis to cycle through as well.
Second, there are a few new chips available. Whirlpl and BlckHole can be found from their respective viruses, Null and Void, in the undernet. I also implemented the Catcher chip, but RedUFO will not be available for fighting since the Catcher chip has no attack effect.
EDIT: Ooh, I almost forgot. The BrnzFist, SilvFist, and GoldFist chips were added as well, although they too are not available from any viruses.
Rather than running the site from my laptop that's basically only up when I'm up, I set up some replication. So the site you see is now located on a server that is up 24/7, (A.K.A. all the time, hopefully.), and is automatically synced with the copy on my laptop so that I can still work on things locally.
Maybe this site will get some use now that it's up more than 20% of the day.
There'll probably be a few HTML escaping issues, though.